Time to read: 4 min.
The article covers the following topics:
What is Weights?
Additional impressions destination URLs can be used if you need to distribute the impressions to different links. In such a case impressions will be distributed to the Additional impressions destination URL instead of the default Impressions destination URL.
How can I manage impressions redistribution?
For this purpose, you can easily use Weights.
By adding weights you can redistribute traffic among the Additional impressions destination URLs you set in the offer. This instrument can be extremely helpful once you're dealing with A/B testing.
❗ Impressions destination URL and Additional impressions destination URLs are additional features. To activate them, contact your Affise account manager.
Let's see how it works:
1. You want to distribute your impressions between two Additional impressions destination URLs. You need to enter two links into the correspondent fields and add weights to them:
As a result, the upper URL will aim at receiving 60 % of impressions, the lower URL will aim at receiving 40 % of impressions.
❗ The common percent should equal or be less than 100 % within one targeting group. Once the percent is higher than 100%, the system will show you a related error message after an attempt to save the offer settings.
2. You want to distribute your impressions among two links. You need to enter the link into the 'Additional impressions destination URLs' and add weights to it:
The system will aim at sending 60 % of impressions to the Additional impressions destination URL. The rest of 40 % of impressions will be sent to the default Impressions destination URL.
❗If you set Additional impressions destination URLs, you should add default Impressions destination URLs to save the offer.
1) What if I add two Additional impressions destination URLs and add weight only to one of them?
The system will add the weight to the 2nd Additional impressions destination URL automatically to reach 100 % of traffic redistribution. For instance, if the 1st additional impressions destination URL has 60 % percent, the system will automatically set 40 % to the 2nd one. If you have three additional impressions destination URLs and only one of them with the weight of 60 %, the other two URLs will get 20 % of weight accordingly.
2) What if I add one Additional impressions destination URL and its weight will equal less than 100 % (eg. 40 %). Where will the system send the rest of the traffic?
The rest of such traffic will be sent to the default Impressions destination URL.
3) How many URLs can I add?
You can add up to 10 Additional impressions destination URLs within one offer.
4) What if I add Additional impressions destination URL without weights?
It gains 100% automatically.
5) How to manage Additional impressions destination URLs and Weights via API?
Additional impressions destination URLs and Weights have their own structure within UrlWeight.
URL is added with the help of this parameter: url
Weights are added with the help of this parameter: weight
Here you can find an example of offer creation via API.
You may find the following articles helpful:
If you have more questions on How to Add Weights to your Impressions URLs, feel free to contact Affise Support Team via [email protected] or your Dedicated Account Manager.